- Pricing &
Installing the Gentoo Operating System
Written by: Will Kruss on 29 January 2013 09:18 AM
Installation of Gentoo Operating system system differs much from other OS. Follow step by step tutorial & do it.
If you would like to run Gentoo instead of the available linux variants, then you will need to do the following steps:
1. Order a regular Linux VPS (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian or OpenSUSE)
2. Mount the Gentoo minimal install DVD (see: https://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/33/0/mount-a-dvd)
3. Login to the console of your VPS (see: https://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/28/0/how-can-i-get-console-access-to-my-vps)
4. Restart your VPS through the console and boot from the install CD
5. Follow the instructions on the blog by one of our users: http://glennaitchison.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/howto-install-gentoo-121-on-lvm2-root.html
A big thanks to Glenn for putting together the blog.