How to upgrade your bandwidth
Written by: Will Kruss on 17 July 2017 09:31 PM
If you have an existing VPS & would like to upgrade resources, but don't want to upgrade to next block level, read this.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to upgrade your pre-paid bandwidth
If you have an existing VPS and would like to upgrade resources, you can do so by following these instructions:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'Virtual Machines'
3. Click on 'Manage' next to the machine you wish to modify.
4. Click on the 'Modify' tab
5. Click on 'Upgrade/Downgrade Options'
5. Here you can add extra RAM, CPU Cores, Bandwidth and Disk Space. You can also select a different operating system, however, for the new operating system to take affect you must reprovision your VPS (see: https://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/85/0/how-to-reprovision--reinstall--setup-your-vps-again )
Note that pre-paid bandwidth is half the cost of bandwidth overages, so if you are going to exceed your included bandwidth it's worth upgrading your pre-paid bandwidth unless usage was a once-off.