- Pricing &
How to Change Your Operating System
Written by: Will Kruss on 15 February 2013 10:38 AM
Wish to change operating system to another one? You can do so by following the mentioned instructions in our tutorial.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to change your operating system
If you wish to change your operating system to another one under the same category (e.g. Linux or Windows), you can do so by following the below instructions:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on the 'Modify' tab and select the VPS from the drop down menu (it will take a few seconds to load the upgrade/downgrade options)
3. Select your new operating system and 'Click to Continue'. This will not cost anything. Follow the instructions to complete. (If you need to switch from Windows to a Linux Variant or vice versa, you will need to contact support.)
4. Once this is done you will need to reprovision your VPS. This will permanently delete your entire current VPS (including SATA storage if you have it) and issue you a new VPS on the new operating system.
6. Click on 'VPS Management'
7. Select your VPS from the drop down menu (this will take a little time to load your management options).
8. Click on 'Reinstall VPS Image' next to the VPS you have chosen a new operating system for.
This will generally take about 30 minutes to reprovision your VPS.