How to Change Your Operating System
Written by: Will Kruss on 20 July 2017 12:12 PM
Wish to change operating system to another one? You can do so by following the mentioned instructions in our tutorial.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to change your operating system
If you wish to change your operating system to another one under the same category (e.g. Linux or Windows), you can do so by following the below instructions:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'Virtual Machines' on the left hand side.
3. Click on 'Manage' next to the server in question.
4. Click on the 'Modify' tab and then choose Upgrade/downgrade options
3. Select your new operating system and 'Click to Continue' and follow the prompts.
4. Once this is done you will need to reprovision your VPS. This will permanently delete your entire current VPS (including SATA storage if you have it) and issue you a new VPS on the new operating system.
6. Click on the 'Overview' tab
8. Click on 'Reinstall VPS Image' in the Actions window.
This will generally take about 30 minutes to reprovision your VPS.