- Pricing &
Create a New DNS Record in Our Name Servers
Written by: Will Kruss on 07 February 2013 11:22 AM
Find instructions on how to create a new DNS record in name servers. Read step by step tutorial to learn & do it yourself
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to create DNS records
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'DNS Zones'
3. Click on 'Add Zone'
4. Enter your domain name in the format domain.com or domain.com.au (not www.domain.com) and click OK. The zone will be added immediately (it may take about 30 seconds).
5. Select the new domain from the drop down box (it's most likely selected for you now) and modify your DNS records - e.g. click 'Add Record' and create an A record for your domain to point to the IP of your VPS.
7. Don't forget to hit the 'Save DNS Zone' button once you have completed adding the zones.
8. If you didn't purchase the domain with us, login to your domain registrar and update the name servers associated with the domain to: ns1.controlmyvps.com.au and ns2.controlmyvps.com.au