How to Upgrade a Processor
Written by: Will Kruss on 17 July 2017 09:30 PM
Find question & answers on upgrading your desktop PC's processor, CPU cores. Log on to VPSBlocks to do it yourself.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to upgrade your processor / CPU cores
If you have an existing VPS and would like to upgrade resources, you can do so by following these instructions:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'Virtual Machines'
3. Click on 'Manage' next to the machine you wish to modify.
4. Click on the 'Modify' tab
5. Click on 'Upgrade/Downgrade Options'
5. Here you can add extra RAM, CPU Cores, Bandwidth and Disk Space. You can also select a different operating system, however, for the new operating system to take affect you must reprovision your VPS (see: https://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/85/0/how-to-reprovision--reinstall--setup-your-vps-again )