Upgrading Your Service / Plan
Written by: Will Kruss on 17 July 2017 09:31 PM
Read the full knowledgebase article and know how do you upgrading your service or plan.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
How to upgrade your block level (plan)
If you need more resources and wish to upgrade your plan you can do so through the portal:
1. Go to https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au
2. Login using your email address and password
3. Click on the 'Modify' tab
4. Select the VPS in question from the drop down list box
5. Click on 'Upgrade/Downgrade' -> 'Upgrade Blocks'
6. Select the number of blocks you wish to upgrade to and follow the checkout procedure.
Note: At this time you cannot downgrade block levels as the operating systems do not support shrinking your system partition, therefore it's not possible to reduce your underlying disk space usage.
Upgrading resources only
If you have an existing VPS and would like to upgrade resources, you can do so by following these instructions:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'Virtual Machines'
3. Click on 'Manage' next to the machine you wish to modify.
4. Click on the 'Modify' tab
5. Click on 'Upgrade/Downgrade Options'
5. Here you can add extra RAM, CPU Cores, Bandwidth and Disk Space. You can also select a different operating system, however, for the new operating system to take affect you must reprovision your VPS (see: https://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/85/0/how-to-reprovision--reinstall--setup-your-vps-again )
All upgrades are completed automatically and immediately.