How do I restore a backup?
Written by: Will Kruss on 24 March 2015 01:27 PM
This article explains how to request a restoration of an existing backup.
Portal Login Explained
If you login to the portal website using your email address and account level password you can administer all your VPSs, change account details, place new orders etc.
If you login to the portal website using your VPS username and VPS password you will only have access to manage a single VPS, no mention of VPSBlocks is made, and no ability to modify your account or order services.
First view your current backups and choose which one you want restored
1. Go to https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au
2. Login using your email address and password
3. Click on the 'Backup' tab
4. This will display your current backups. Choose which one you want to restore.
5. Open a support ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include:
a. The VPS you want to restore
b. Which backup (date) you want to restore
c. If you want to restore over the top of your production VPS or if you would like it restored to a separate location so you can access and retrieve specific files
There is no charge for restorations, and our turnaround is generally within a couple of hours depending on the size of your VPS.