Set Your Reverse DNS / PTR Record
Written by: Will Kruss on 19 September 2017 10:21 AM
Read how to modify your reverse DNS entry / PTR record for any IPs you own by doing the following.
How to modify your reverse DNS entry / PTR record
When you create a VPS the domain you specify on the order form will automatically be entered as the reverse DNS entry.
You can however adjust this or set a reverse DNS for any IPs you own by doing the following:
1. Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
2. Click on 'Virtual Machines'
3. Click on 'Manage' next to the VPS in question.
4. Click on the 'Networking' tab
5. In the 'Networking' window click on the IP address you wish to set or change the reverse DNS.
6. Your current reverse DNS entry will be displayed. To change it enter the reverse DNS entry you would like and click 'OK'.
Note: It is not necessary to put a . after the domain, but you can if you like (either way it will be entered correctly into the DNS server).