Error when parking domains in cPanel
Written by: Will Kruss on 20 August 2013 05:56 PM
Find details about errors When Parking Domains in cPanel. Learn to identify most common error & solve errors.
The most common error states:
Using nameservers with the following IPs: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
The reason for this is a setting in cPanel that does not allow remotely hosted domains to be parked on the server. To fix this:
1. Login to WHM (https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2087/) using your root username and password
2. Type 'tweak' into the top left search bar
3. Click on 'Tweak Settings'
4. On the right hand side of the tweak settings is a 'find' textbox. In that box type: remote
5. Look for the option 'Allow Remote Domains' and turn that 'On'
This will now allow you to add parked domains that do not point to the cPanel server. This is handy because generally you want to have the new server setup to accept a domain before you point the domain to the new server.